Senior Software Infrastructure Engineer - Python
Posted Mar 27, 2018 - Requisition No. 66242
At Bloomberg, our software runs the financial markets. And in Software Infrastructure, we're building the core foundation that more than 5000 developers (and counting) rely on for their applications. We build libraries that touch a wide range of technologies. This includes programmable real-time data-processing pipelines, crypto services and development tools. We are technologists who live and breathe high-performance, well-factored, scalable, testable code which can mould quickly to new business initiatives, and we want you to join us!
We sit right at the heart of the real-time software for high impact systems that are at the core of the Bloomberg infrastructure. We process billions of ticks of market data from exchanges around the world, driving the majority of downstream Bloomberg applications. We address the market demand for low-latency solutions by delivering the world's most reliable, timely and accurate financial data. To handle the demands for high availability, reliability, and speed, we also build the tools other engineers use to create their applications. As an engineer within Software Infrastructure, you'll be valued as technical specialist and a go-to resource throughout the company.
We'll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Design, architect and develop libraries and software systems
- Write well-tested, robust, performant code in a cross-platform environment
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience in Python
- A deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
We'd love to see:
- Experience working across Linux/UNIX
- Familiarity with the nuances of building high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Knowledge of operating system fundamentals
- Familiarity with network-layer protocols (TCP/IP, PGM, etc.)
Teams in our infrastructure department are tackling complex technical challenges at scale, and we want you to join us. In the application you'll have the opportunity to let us know what technologies you're most interested in. Then we'll match you with a team where you can make an impact!
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org