Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Trading Network
New York, NY
Posted Mar 28, 2018 - Requisition No. 66286
The Bloomberg IOI Network is globally recognized by equity traders as the industry-leading source for real-time pre-trade liquidity discovery and post-trade market share analysis. Bloomberg receives indications of interest (IOIs) and trade advertisements from over 500 brokers globally and distributes these to the terminals of over 4000 buy-side institutions.
The IOI team builds and maintains the full stack of the IOI system. We focus on ensuring the platform has high availability, scalability, and can maintain our ever growing capacity needs. We maintain our industry lead by never settling, always looking for new and exciting ways to push the envelope and redefine the industry.
We'll trust you to:
Work on all different levels of an application, whether architecting the backend or helping to design and build intuitive user interfaces. Software developers on the team are responsible for every phase of the software life cycle, from extracting and refining requirements from business sponsors to designing user interfaces and robust backend systems. Experience with high-availability, data-intensive stream processing systems is a plus. Domain knowledge about equity trading is not required but would be a plus.
You need to have:
- 3+ years development experience in C++ or Java
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and concurrency
- Experience in all aspects of software development life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience with distributed analytics technologies like Kafka and Redis
- Experience with TypeScript
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of FIX protocol