Bloomberg NEF - Sales Associate
Posted Apr 4, 2018 - Requisition No. 66361
Bloomberg NEF provides unique analysis, tools and data for decision makers driving change in the energy system. With unrivalled depth and breadth, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum from our comprehensive web-based and Bloomberg Terminal platform. BNEF has 200 staff based in London, New York, Beijing, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Munich, New Delhi, San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Washington D.C., and Zurich.
Bloomberg NEF is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to join our EMEA Commercial team. You will support a team focusing on Financial Institutions & EU Government agencies by helping originate meetings for senior sales reps, help renew our clients and assist our team in continuing our accelerated growth targets. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, an intellectual interest in the energy sector, be well organized, proactive, flexible and able to deal with a wide range of responsibilities.
We'll trust you to:
- Assist the sales team in achieving their goals by originating new business opportunities and booking meetings with senior decision makers
- Efficiently prospect and map organizations, identifying key business units where Bloomberg NEF can provide value
- Manage, renew and up sell a book of clients
- Conduct product demonstrations for prospective clients
- Act as initial point of contact on incoming leads for BNEF products
- Manage efficient input of client and sales information into BNEF website and internal systems
- Provide back-up support for sales activities and customer service activities
- Coordinate client events by inviting clients/prospects and managing logistics
- Respond to client requests ensuring quick turnaround
- Assist in the preparation of major sales activities, such as content presentations to senior audience
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- High ability to hit targets consistently, be those internal metrics and/or revenue generation
- An interest in the energy market
- A high work rate, highly organised, able to prioritise and work on parallel tasks and have rigorous attention to detail
We'd love to see:
- Ability to speak another European language would be an advantage
- Experience in sales or new business development
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.