New York, NY
Posted Apr 10, 2018 - Requisition No. 66449
Few organizations can keep up with the dynamic, 24/7 nature of today's media coverage; even fewer can claim to have helped shape it. We have become a leading source of data and news, and present one of the most challenging environments in financial journalism. We offer a unique chance to define real-time stories that shape the markets and our world.
Bloomberg News is seeking two experienced reporters for the Finance team in New York. One would cover Goldman Sachs and the other, JPMorgan Chase. We're looking for a demonstrated ability to find and deliver big scoops and to follow up with deeply reported enterprise, including magazine features. In this role, you'll be responsible for covering banks, while collaborating with reporters to break news across the global financial industry. The successful candidate will not only break news on traditional areas of Wall Street coverage, but will also have a keen interest in some of the deeper trends reshaping finance such as fintech and diversity.
We'll trust you to:
- - Deliver accurate and sharp stories under tight deadlines
- - Generate analysis covering both fast-paced developments in short format and long-term trends and insights, that don't just focus on the ``what happened'' but also on the ``why'' and ``so what''
- - Tap Bloomberg's rich data and analytics to access original material for technical charts and stories
- - Collaborate with reporters across the newsroom and the Finance teams worldwide
You’ll need to have:
- - A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- - Reporting experience covering financial markets or companies
- - Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- - Robust attention to detail
- - A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.