New York, NY
Posted Apr 11, 2018 - Requisition No. 66487
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
America's nearly $15 trillion Treasury market is at the forefront of shifting Federal Reserve policies and expansionary fiscal policies. If you're fascinated by the vagaries of the world's biggest bond market, the ever flattening yield curve and you can provide perspective and lead coverage on a wealth of topics in the fixed income space, then we're looking for you to join our FX/Rates team in New York.
We'll rely on you to:
- Tap a broad network of market participants in fixed income markets to seek reaction to breaking news and build stories that explain market activity or analyze trends
- Generate and craft concise, on-the-spot stories, capturing the elements of both "what's happening" and "what it means," as well as longer analytical pieces particularly in the context of macroeconomic and political developments and monetary and fiscal policy
- Identify and interpret broader trends in U.S. Treasuries but also corporate bond and mortgage markets, drawing upon expertise from reporters across teams and helping generate broader, thematic stories
You'll need to have:
- Strong writing skills and ability to make new contacts and develop sources
- Broad contacts in the fixed income buyside and sell-side community
- Experience reporting on markets in general or in a comparable industry role (strategist/analyst/trader)
- Knowledge of Bloomberg functions and charting skills
- Market-specific knowledge and ability to immediately discern actionable information from breaking news
If this sounds like you:Apply! If we think you are a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.