New York, NY
Posted Apr 16, 2018 - Requisition No. 66548
Setting the Scene:
Your friends all know you as the problem-solver: the person they go to when they need advice. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. You’re accountable and relied upon for mitigating difficult situations, often leading by example.
Discretion is something which comes naturally to you, and you're able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You love dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
We are Global People Services (GPS), an integral vehicle of Human Resources delivering a first-class experience to the enterprise. GPS HR Specialists are the vital consultants for employees and business leaders when they have any questions or concerns about HR-related programs, policies or procedures. The global team facilitates critical employee lifecycle transactions in a seamless way.
From on-boarding new hires into the company, to coordinating global mobility and working closely with external vendors, our aim is simple: to provide a seamless, platinum level of support to our colleagues and businesses.
What’s the Role?
You’ll execute all frontline HR processes as they pertain to employees in the United States, Canada and Latin America, including onboarding, employee life-cycle events and off-boarding. You’ll also provide consultation to employees on topics that cover a full range of HR-related policies, including relocations, flexible work arrangements and leaves of absence. You’ll have the opportunity to build a network across the different centers of excellence within HR and across the GPS team globally. Additionally, you’ll be asked to identify opportunities to enhance the service provided by GPS and ultimately implement changes.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Understand and execute on Bloomberg’s end-to-end HR business processes
- Process transactions in our HR Information System (Workday) and maintain data quality
- Address the HR needs of employees and managers, balancing excellent customer service with adherence to processes and controls
- Draft binding employee documents, including offer letters, flexible work arrangements and relocation agreements
- Perform testing and create documentation for HR systems and process enhancements
- Work collaboratively to improve efficiency and consistently execute all HR business processes
You’ll need to have:
- 2-3 years of HR or other relevant experience
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple work streams simultaneously
- Willingness to embrace new HR technologies and changing processes
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, under pressure with frequent deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information, professionally and appropriately
- Comfort with ambiguous situations and using judgment in the absence of specific direction
- Highly professional manner, with the ability to interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization
- Proven ability to provide first-class customer service
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
We’d love to see:
- HR experience specifically in a customer service and/or shared services setting
- Experience using Workday
What’s in it for you?
- In-depth training in end-to-end HR policies, procedures and systems, especially Workday
- Opportunity to become a subject matter expert in processes of interest
- Exposure to all business areas, and interaction with senior-level colleagues and candidates
- Training on basic Bloomberg Terminal navigation and functions
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.