Digital Managing Editor - Tokyo
Posted Apr 18, 2018 - Requisition No. 66605
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
We are looking for a Digital Managing Editor to help run our local language properties in Japan primarily by launching a Japanese-language streaming video program with a key partner in the region. You will require strong experience in digital video news and social editorial distribution. You should demonstrate an excellent knowledge and strong enthusiasm for financial markets and company news, whilst also showcasing a deep familiarity with Japanese economics and politics. You will need to have a strong news judgment and possess the ability to make quick decisions in a real-time news environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Act as the primary liaison between Bloomberg and its Japanese video partner in order to:
- Help develop several hours of live business news programming out of Tokyo daily, working closely with a team of our partner's producers to establish the news agenda and assist with the creation of high quality local-language content
- Assist with overall operations, including a distribution strategy on the Bloomberg side to help promote content from the partnership
- Ensure that video programming meets Bloomberg's journalistic standards and has a high production quality
- Serve as a point person for launch and help troubleshoot access to Bloomberg content and resources
- Think strategically about our digital content and distribution strategy, including analyzing analytics and using familiarity with the news industry in the region to make recommendations on what comes next
We'll need you to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in both English and Japanese
- Recent and relevant experience as a top-tier producer in a digital newsroom and live video production / studio environment
- A deep understanding of the tools, trends, platforms and processes behind the most modern strategies for telling stories - both text and video - on digital
- Strong writing, editorial and video production skills
- Experience in business and financial news
- Flexibility with hours and travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.