New York, NY
Posted Apr 18, 2018 - Requisition No. 66617
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders. The segment producer will produce newsmaker and compelling guest interviews, taped segments, and help produce in the control room.
The segment producer will work with the line producers and bookers to conceive and execute enterprising segments for TV and all digital platforms. The ability to creatively use video and graphics is required. Successful candidates will have solid understanding, experience and knowledge of financial and business news, and a minimum of three years industry experience. Candidates must thrive under the pressure of deadlines and breaking news. This position requires flexible hours to accommodate production schedules.
We’ll trust you to:
- Produce compelling daily live segments for television
- Pitching, researching, writing and editing stories for multiple platforms
- Creating and managing all graphical and production elements for broadcasting
- Know your way around a control room
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of recent and relevant business news producing
- Experience of working in a live TV news environment essential
- Strong writing and edit supervising skills, and the ability to creatively use video and graphics is required
- Previous financial journalism experience is preferred
- Flexibility with hours is essential
- Highly collaborative, and creative
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps- but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloombergmedia.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.