Data Acquisition Analyst - Bloomberg Law
Posted Sep 12, 2018 - Requisition No. 66868
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In Global Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to help answer our clients’ questions. We manage data and workflow processes on the Bloomberg Terminal to help our clients solve problems such as how to measure the risk of monsoons in Vietnam, so clients looking to invest in agriculture there can make more informed decisions; or how to measure the real wealth of people in Venezuela, for clients who want to open stores in South America. We analyze data so our teams can turn it into insights for our users.
Bloomberg Law is dependent upon our analysts to continue improving our product and ensuring the quality and accuracy of our data. We are seeking talented, enthusiastic and innovative candidates who possess a unique combination of analytical proficiency, technical skills, domain knowledge, and resourcefulness to join our Legal Data Analyst group.
What’s the role?
In this role you will work with our business and engineering teams to procure and transform acquired legal content into the formats required for our client-facing product. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring quality control of the content and helping to discover new and better ways of improving the efficiency of our operations. You will contribute to the development of the Bloomberg Law legal research platform and be part of a team responsible for collecting, transforming and maintaining legal content on BLAW.
We’ll trust you to:
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow improvements
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement solutions and frameworks to enhance our processes, software, and data offerings
- Develop efficient systems and methods to optimally extract, transform, and load data from external sources to support Bloomberg Law
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university prior to starting
- Can begin working full-time in 2018
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
You also need to have:
- 0-2 years previous work/internship experience in data analysis and/or project management
- Strong analytical, organizational and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Excel, VBA or Python for data analysis
- Proven ability with mark-up languages (XML, SGML, JSON and/or HTML) and XPath
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.