Technical Project Manager/Systems Architect
New York, NY
Posted May 25, 2018 - Requisition No. 67298
Setting the Scene:
Your friends all know you as the problem solver- the person they go to when they need help. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. You’re accountable and relied on for mitigating difficult situations, often leading by example.
Discretion is something which comes naturally to you, and you're able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You enjoy helping to move stakeholders forward with a vision, and understand what targeted communication means.
We are the PMO for Workplace Operations. We deliver on process and systems changes that our department needs and wants. We ensure that we do so in the most sound and effective manner possible.
Where do you fit? In this role you will lead business plan initiatives, co-ordinate process improvement activities and play a pertinent role in keeping our systems in optimal condition. You will work closely with Engineering on a daily basis to influence system design and overall architecture. You will lead projects for the full life-cycle from inception to release, and then into maintenance, and will be responsible for communicating project issues and status across the organization. You will have an opportunity to lead a diverse and interesting portfolio with breadth of vision to make connections across projects and departments while recommending design choices. You will also get exposure in this role, interacting with different business areas and senior-level colleagues.
We'll trust you to:
- Understand and execute on Workplace Operations systems vision and processes
- Partner with key stakeholders to manage and prioritize projects and features
- Analyze systems and identify opportunities for enhancement
- Document business/technical requirements, while creating appropriate and attainable deliverables
- Create and define system scope, gather business requirements and technical specifications
- Skillfully execute to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities using agile methodology
- Own specific products which are proprietary to Bloomberg
You need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- Technical project management experience or advanced degree equivalent
- Some experience formulating database queries
- The ability to quickly embrace and master new technologies and changing processes
- Proven ability to work independently, under pressure with frequent deadlines
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written) as you will be frequently working across all levels within the organization
We'd love to see:
- Prior work experience with programming
- Experience with travel and expense systems and processes
- Experience with IBM TRIRIGA or other integrated workplace management system
- Experience with SAP
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.