Credit reporter - Mumbai
Posted May 28, 2018 - Requisition No. 67306
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features.
We are looking for a reporter in Mumbai who will cover Indian credit markets, with a focus on primary issuance and secondary-market trading. You will break news on Indian company funding plans in the bond and loan markets as well as on broader trends in corporate borrowing and the cost of money in the nation. Through interviews with corporate executives, underwriters, traders, fund managers and policy makers, you will provide readers with insights into the business of debt. You will develop sources and stories and write authoritatively about the market for specialists and general readers.
We'll trust you to:
- Contribute to our coverage of credit in India through both short- and long-form stories
- Recognize and work on big theme stories and ideas
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the newsroom
- Be able to write and present information across multiple formats
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial journalism experience, including stints in a real-time breaking news environment, ideally covering credit markets in India
- Proven ability to make and build sources in financial markets
- A track record of team work and collaboration
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.bloomberg.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.