Bloomberg Intelligence - Editorial Team Leader
Posted May 29, 2018 - Requisition No. 67307
Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents. We offer unsurpassed depth and breadth at the economic, strategy, sector, industry, political, credit and company levels. Our team of independent experts provide valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting. Our work gives trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
You're an experienced editor who thrives under real-time deadline pressure. You will manage a team of editors and edit research that is creative and insightful, while being accessible to the general reader. You have an ability to translate jargon and complex discussions into clear language.
We'll trust you to:
- Edit and publish our research under deadline pressure
- Edit copy for accuracy and insightful coverage across a broad range of industries including company, credit, policy, litigation, economics and long-form research
- Manage a team of editors in our London office providing daily managerial support and mentoring
- Collaborate across our BI and News teams
- Take on other duties as needed to support the BI and editorial management
You need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive editing experience in the finance industry or at a financial news media outlet
- Knowledge of equity research communication formats (particularly written communication) or financial news experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with analysts or with financial journalists
- An ability to work in a team environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience editing online content
- A working knowledge of our Bloomberg Professional Service
- Prior experience in a managerial role
If this sounds like you:
- Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.