Senior Software Engineer - Java (Contractor)
Posted May 30, 2018 - Requisition No. 67334
As an engineer in the Data Technologies team, you will be responsible for the systems that on-board all the referential data that drive Bloomberg's applications and enterprise systems. As our clients are shifting more and more to rely on machines to interpret data and drive insights, we are utilizing state of the art technologies to deliver unparalleled data quality. By joining Data Technologies, you will help us improve the accuracy, coverage, timeliness, and accessibility of our data to service our clients across all of Bloomberg's products.
By joining this team, you will be at the forefront of a change in the way Bloomberg is making data available to its clients. In this particular role, you will focus on developing and maintaining the pipeline for the Economic and Commodity datasets and ensure they are on boarded in a prompt and accurate fashion. We are aiming to increase the volume of data we have for those markets by orders of magnitude and need talented engineers to understand the full scope of what we, as a business, are trying to achieve and come up with creative solutions. At present, this pipeline is highly automated and our first challenge is to scale it to meet our ambition.
The London Data Technology team is a technically diverse group solving a number of very different problems in very different ways. We pride ourselves on our intellectual curiosity and the quality of our systems. People from our team regularly speak at conferences and contribute to, or own, public open source projects.
We'll trust you to:
- Be part of full development life cycle, from back end services to front end development and automated testing
- Develop strong working relationships with Engineering peers and main stakeholders
- Own and understand the business challenges Bloomberg faces and drive solutions to address those
You'll need to have:
- Professional hands-on experience in Java with knowledge of the JVM as well as Oracle
- An understanding of continuous integration principles and writing testable code
- Good communication and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience using Linux/Unix tools
We'd love to see:
- Professional experience using Python
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.