Senior Quantitative Model Validation Team Leader
Posted May 31, 2018 - Requisition No. 67352
Bloomberg's Quantitative Analytics Team is responsible for modeling, implementing and deploying derivatives pricing models across all asset classes (FX, Equity, Rates, Commodity, Credit) to the entire suite of Bloomberg products and services, including its terminal with 300,000+ clients, trading system solutions, enterprise risk management, and derivatives valuation service. The group ensures that state-of-the-art models driven by high quality market data are brought together in robust, fast and accurate implementations that keep Bloomberg at the cutting edge of derivatives analytics.
The team seeks a senior Quantitative Analyst experienced in the validation of derivative pricing and risk models. You will report directly to the Global Head of the team, Fabio Mercurio. The role entails managing a team of two or three people initially, and could either be based in London or New York.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide guidelines to the quant team on how to stress test and validate the models they produce
- Help testing existing and future pricing and risk models, discuss critical issues, and propose ways to address them
- Help document existing functionality, and produce documentation on the tests being conducted
- Work closely with the team on specific projects
- Foster strong relationships with product managers to discuss current and future development plans
You’ll need to have:
- Ph.D in a technical discipline (mathematics, finance, physics, engineering or similar field)
- Several years of working experience as a model validator in a top financial institution
- Strong knowledge of models and numerical techniques employed in pricing and risk analytics
- Strong team-player attitude; comfortable in a multi-developer environment, capable of interacting with quants, IT groups and product managers alike
- Strong communication skills
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.