New York, NY
Posted Jun 1, 2018 - Requisition No. 67389
Bloomberg is a leading provider of electronic trading tools and services for all segments of the financial markets, and our Electronic Trading Operations (ETO) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of those offerings.
We implement new connections and detect, analyze, and resolve issues impacting connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. We ensure seamless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and our clients. We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen, and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. We challenge and support each other to deliver the best service possible.
What's The Role?
In an environment this complex, data analytics and business intelligence are critical to understanding how we're performing, and where the best opportunities exist to improve service and optimize efficiency. We are seeking a Data Analyst to join our team to expand on the foundation we've developed, utilizing the wealth of systems data embedded across our organization to drive innovation and groundbreaking change. As an integral member of the team, you will go beyond the collection and synthesis of data. You'll help us to determine: where potential opportunities exist, the information required to effectively analyze our processes, and how to use findings to improve our operations and strengthen our business strategy. You will also accomplish this through the use of project management tools, operational dashboards, KPIs/metrics, and written/verbal presentation skills.
You're a Data Analyst with a Programming background. You have proven project management skills and time management proficiency which enable you to multi-task effectively, handle ambiguity, and function well in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable environment. You approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; and stand behind your work products. You thrive in a team environment, and possess the motivation to understand the details of how people work and what they require to do their jobs most effectively.
On our team, you'll apply your data analysis expertise to complex operational problems. You'll provide design recommendations, identify data sources, and gather/cleanse/model and test your ideas. We'll depend on you to provide strategic thinking and tactical expertise across a broad range of disciplines across Electronic Trading Operations.
We'll Trust You To:
- Design models to answer targeted business questions and drive change-Be hands on with populating data, conducting data analysis, and building dashboards that influence business decisions
- Organize and analyze data to identify historical patterns to better position our team's workflows
- Integrate yourself as a great teammate and collaborate with other analysts on department wide dashboard initiatives
- Research, develop, and implement new methods of extracting relevant data from a variety of sources
- Collaborate and consult with business colleagues to better understand their domain
- Design, prototype, and implement technical solutions using a combination of proprietary, third party and open source technology to pursue complex business needs
You'll Need To Have:
- Strong SQL coding background and experience with Relational Databases
- Development and design of critical metric dashboards
- Proven eye for business utilizing statistics and process mapping
- Ability to assimilate/decipher/present data analysis from a client impact perspective
- Ability to run multiple projects at a time and shift priorities quickly
- Strong analytical skills, troubleshooting, and tracing root causes-
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
We'd Love To See:
- Experience with client services within the tech/financial industry
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.