Supply Chain Team Leader - Asset Management
New York, NY
Posted Jun 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 67517
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our terminal internal and external customers through Distribution & Asset Management, Procurement, and Print Services, operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
Our global model poses the rare challenge of not just handling hardware in our warehouses, but also in our customer's hands because the Bloomberg terminal is a subscription based service. For example, if a trader's keyboard breaks, our department is responsible to swap the malfunctioning product with a new one as fast as possible - in our major cities this is less than 2 hours - with minimal disruption to their business. We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
We pride ourselves on being subject matter authorities. Our Distribution & Asset Management Team handle the full hardware product life-cycle from forecasting and planning, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution, international trade compliance, and quality control. Additionally, we host our own print shops, based in Princeton, London and Hong Kong, servicing our internal businesses globally from printing marketing signage to notebooks and business cards in multiple languages. Our Global Procurement team runs all activities and workflows to procure hardware, software, consulting services and much more for internal lines of business to achieve the maximum value to Bloomberg while also leading supplier contract management and risk controls. Under one umbrella we work together to develop efficient solutions through new technologies and processes to keep up with Bloomberg's dynamic environment and business needs while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg’s Supply Chain Operations department is looking for a Planning Team Leader who will partner with various functions within the organization to lead demand, supply, and distribution planning functions for our customer products (primarily desktop hardware, network equipment, and authentication equipment) and optimize our inventory level and be able to support our customers.
What will you do?
- Lead the Demand, Supply and Distribution Planning as well as Asset Verification functions for our customer equipment, their components and other materials
- Oversee the creation of quality and precise demand and supply forecasts using data such as sales forecasts, shipment histories and marketing plans
- Interact with various functions within the organization (such as Warehouse, Trade Compliance, Logistics, Quality, Accounting, Engineering, etc.) to understand and interpret the potential impact of market trends and demand/supply drivers
- Work closely with our existing contract/component manufacturers for electronic hardware
- Ensure forecasts are shared/received in the format, level of detail and timing required by all customers and supply chain partners with documented assumptions
- Influence and collaborate with key partners in marketing, sales and finance and address input gaps as identified by forecast error review & other means
- Phase-in new products and provide suggestions for new relationships
- Propose and drive the implementation of business process enhancements and opportunities to improve operational efficiencies (e.g., lead-time reduction initiatives with various suppliers across multiple product lines)
- Achieve yearly goals for critical metrics such as Plan vs. Actuals, BIAS, Inventory turns, etc.
- Implement and enforce the necessary inventory procedures and controls to ensure accuracy targets are achieved
- Conduct cycle counts and validate inventory and controls with a focus on loss and fraud prevention while improving operational efficiency
- Maintain customer record accuracy
You need to have:
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Extensive demand, supply and distribution planning experience
- Proven skills in successfully driving performance against S&OP goals
- Strong statistical forecasting and quantitative methods skills
- SAP or other major ERP experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- A genuine passion for managing and developing people
- Great energy and interpersonal skills with a strong focus in customer service
- Proven project management experience
- Advanced (i.e., Master’s level) degree in supply chain management, operations, Engineering, mathematics or related field with a strong quantitative focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We'd love to see:
- 15+ years of experience in working within supply chain functions
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with information gathering, analysis and management reporting as well as statistical modeling and simulations tools
- Membership in professional organizations, trade or user groups
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.