What's the role:
You’re on the pulse with the latest technology and live for the opportunity to solve complex problems. You’re the type of person that disrupts the status quo and makes things more efficient. Bloomberg's HR Enterprise team is seeking a Head of HR Data Governance to drive a data transformation to improve the governance, enrichment, and security across a diverse HR-related data set that spans multiple systems and processes globally.
What you can expect from this opportunity:
You'll own and run the architecture of our people data sources/flows across multiple platforms including Workday, SAP, our proprietary Bloomberg terminal functions and other warehouses and business intelligence tools. You'll work across teams in Engineering, Finance and Business Planning/Reporting to establish a data governance structure that will include data definitions, mapped process flows, efficient data capture, storage and security, and continuous improvement to data usability and quality.
We make decisions fast and you’ll have a seat at the table to make insightful recommendations and drive transformation. Your work will play a key role in providing input to senior leadership to make big impacts decision-making. You’re a confident speaker with the ability to clearly articulate ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
We'll trust you to:
- Utilize your technical domain knowledge to assess the current data sources and flows
- Influence thought leader and possess the in-depth technical expertise and credibility to provide detailed, commercial guidance on Data architecture, governance and management.
- Be strategic but also get ‘hands-on’ to ensure project success and have ownership for evaluating technical /functional requirements as well influencing the future roadmap to be in line with our strategic goals.
- Develop an approach to enhance our data architecture over time and enable us to use our HR enterprise data more effectively
- Take the lead in designing and implementing an enterprise data governance and data quality framework
- Provide leadership and technical support for the resultant projects that will result from changes to governance and changes in flows and architecture
- Have a keen focus and understanding of data security and privacy implications
- Engage with data users and other partners to identify incremental data needs and plot paths to collect, structure and make this data available and usable
- Develop data quality metrics and establish processes and supporting infrastructure to monitor and improve data quality
- Maintain data definitions, process documentation, and data governance tools.
- Champion an environment of teamwork and collaboration across regions and departments
- Handle sensitive data with discretion
- Maintain and apply current industry perspective on technology trends and opportunities
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years experience leading Data Governance and Data Quality programs in a Global organization
- Experience in motivating change across various teams, lead data governance workshops and discussions and effectively engage with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of master and reference data elements, processes and organizational support models
- Deep understanding and experience of data architectures and applications
- Proven ability to independently analyze and solve complex problems involving data quality issues, system response time, business rules conflicts
- Proven experience partnering, collaborating, and communicating with business stakeholders and engineers
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple work streams at a time
- Ability to work independently, under pressure with frequent deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills - both written and verbal - especially as it relates to supporting and influencing Data Governance and Data Quality programs
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with enterprise HR systems- ideally Workday
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Business Intelligence tools, QlikSense preferred, to disseminate analytics to a variety of audiences
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.