Core Infrastructure and Cabling Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Jun 8, 2018 - Requisition No. 67544
Our Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems including our global corporate network and the hardware/software to support nearly 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world. We are also responsible for the audio-visual technology in all of Bloomberg’s public spaces (including training and conference rooms) that host more than 500,000 visitors to Bloomberg offices each year.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support Infosys provides to do their jobs in a dynamic, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. We are a close-knit, hardworking team organized into 6 groups: Service Desk, Desktop Technicians, Infrastructure, Audio-Visual, Corporate Security, and Mobile Technology. Each of these groups develop, deploy, and rely on a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve.
For example, our employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from a software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, and monitor/implement security for a global network that includes 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays, and 120,000 network connections.
What’s The Role?
As a member of the Information Systems Team, we are looking for a Core Infrastructure and Cabling Engineer. You will energetic, detail-oriented in a hands-on role leading changes to our core infrastructure within our corporate offices.
You'll have in-depth knowledge of IT core infrastructure including building wide structured cabling systems, rack space, power management, and knowledge of networking technologies.
You should be able to organize and lead many adds, moves, and modifications in our dynamic corporate environment to meet the business needs.
We'll Trust You To:
- Organize and prioritize workloads
- Have the ability to take on issues related to cables and networks.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Provide, maintain and create documentation pertaining to installed infrastructure designs, procedures, and standards.
- Expertise with the creation, operation, and coordination of pull and patch schedules.
- Update/maintain documentation database, systems, and network management systems (ITLocate, Netmri)
- Ability to think critically and exhibit strong analytical skills
- Provide project management services to assist in the planning, support, and implementation of projects
- Ability to coordinate with different teams within the organization and/or vendors with respect to moves, new spaces, new installs, and changes in infrastructure.
- Experience with carrier circuit implementations within corporate offices.
You’ll Need To Have:
- 3+ years of professional industry experience in IT
- Detailed and practical knowledge of optical fiber and copper structured cabling systems (SCS)
- A good foundational understanding of network technologies at a minimum
- Deep understanding of technology infrastructure and interconnects
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications (Excel, Word etc)
- Presentation and communication skills
We’d Love To See:
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and our core services
- An enthusiastic self-starter
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.