New York, NY
Posted Jun 8, 2018 - Requisition No. 67547
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg is looking for a Supervising Producer, who will lead a show unit and manage a team of producers. The Supervising Producer will be responsible for setting the editorial agenda for a portion of our live programs during the afternoon hours. You will participate in daily and weekly editorial meetings and help plan our coverage. You will also make critical coverage decisions in the control room in breaking news situations.
You'll need to have:
- Strong editorial, writing, and control room skills with 5-10 years experience in television news, including at least five years as a show producer at a cable or broadcast network
- Previous experience as a senior producer on a live daily news show
- Strong planning and segment production skills, extensive control room experience and a thorough understanding of news production
- The ability to think creatively and to generate numerous stories under deadline pressure and changing circumstances
- Familiarity with all aspects of television production including graphics, editing, digital newsgathering and live remote broadcasting and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- A strong interest in business and financial news
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Avid and Final Cut Pro, ENPS news production systems.
We'd love to see:
- Producer experience within financial and business news
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.