2018 Global Data - Market Data Analyst - Seoul/ Tokyo
Posted Jun 12, 2018 - Requisition No. 67579
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally.
What's Global Data all about?
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for finding it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets.
They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiency, and they implement technology solutions to enhance our systems and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
What’s the role?
You will be managing data workflow including data acquisition, processing, quality control and publishing with the aim to optimize the workflow efficiency and working with a team of experts to extract information and identify significant patterns in data from around the world. Most of all you will make a difference for our clients and have a direct impact on our business goals and strategic direction.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
- Help develop and implement methods of measuring and analyzing data sets and processes
- Develop research ideas, prototypes and proofs of concepts both in collaboration with other data analysts/engineers and as individually lead projects
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive training giving you a thorough overview of financial concepts, various data sets, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
- Gain in-depth, hands-on experience of one particular market sector
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and interact with key market players in business and finance
- Make a true business impact on our products and clients – our data moves markets!
- Real potential for exciting and varied career progression
What we look for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong passion and drive to actively challenge the status quo and seek improvements for the product
- Solid application of financial knowledge in prior coursework or work experience- Strong research & data analysis skills
- Business fluency in English and Korean
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, with some advanced technical knowledge and experience (VBA, SQL, Python, MATLAB, R)
We'd love to see:
- Interest in, and knowledge or experience of financial statements and the financial markets
- MBA or CFA is a plus
- Experience in applying market knowledge and converting financial data into meaningful analysis
- Experience in data research or process engineering
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.