Performance Management Product Owner
New York, NY
Posted Jun 12, 2018 - Requisition No. 67603
The mission of Bloomberg's Human Resources Technology Solutions (HRTS) is to provide engaging employee experiences via innovative technology solutions that meet the needs of the business and to promote greater efficiencies and self-service. From user experience, automation, and efficient processing we use and provide these solutions in a creative, unique, cost-effective and scalable way. Our team is tight but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge and support each other. We work fast, in partnership with other HR partners to support Bloomberg’s 20,000 employees collectively in more than 150 locations day in and day out.
What's the role?
We are looking for a Performance Management Product Owner to join our HR Technology Solutions team. As a subject matter authority you'll act as the bridge between talent management, HR business partners, HR shared services and our world-class Engineering teams. You will partner with colleagues across departments to provide premium customer support and HR systems solutions. You'll focus on technology supporting the global performance review processes, focusing on Bloomberg's proprietary performance management system. You will lead the technology roadmap for performance - handling enhancements to existing technology as well as making recommendations about industry best practices, finding opportunities to use technology to help us handle employee performance review and improve the process for employees and managers. You’ll seek recommendations to streamline the process with a focus on the user experience. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the success of these initiatives. You like nothing more than seeing your efforts contribute directly to the success of an organization through managing our people. You excel at multitasking and are able to context switch without skipping a beat, you're a self-starter that thrives when bringing ideas to the table and jump at the opportunity to initiate and implement changes.
We'll trust you to:
- Use your superb technical and functional knowledge, business acumen and intelligence to build and maintain credible relationships across Bloomberg HR, to gather requirements and prioritize initiatives according to the business impact and needs
- Re-imagine an exceptional employee experience and manager experience
- Seek solutions to drive efficiencies through technology by collaborating with talent management stakeholders to identify where gaps may exist to help build the requirements for engineers
- Serve as subject matter authority for the HR shared services team when systems issues arise and report issues quickly and appropriately
- Handle high-level and strategic firm-wide initiatives to tight deadlines
- Define and promote best practices for project design and implementation
- Establish and maintain relationships with HR business partners, talent management and business leaders
- Lead detailed project plans for multiple enhancements and work streams
- Lead and prioritize planned enhancements and projects to internal tools, conduct the appropriate systems testing and work with stakeholders on communication plans
- Lead internal resources and third parties/vendors for execution of projects
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Partner with Engineering to review business requirements, develop solutions for internal tools and test enhancements
- Build and maintain comprehensive process documentation
- Run User Acceptance Testing, including scenario and script development, tracking and mitigating issues with Engineering. Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Interact with leadership across HR and business areas
- Convert requests accurately into stories and collaborate with key partners to get any questions answered
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
You'll need to have:
- 3-5+ years HR Information Systems experience, preferably working in or closely with HR
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Computer Science, Finance, or related subjects or equivalent working experience
- Confirmed aptitude in business analysis and documentation
- Great analytical skills and creative problem solving, showing ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to quickly understand complex technical matters and communicate them succinctly
- Persistence to follow through and execution of multiple business plans while remaining responsive to changing conditions
- Self-motivated mentality, collaboration skills, and ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with upper management
- Extraordinary written, verbal, and presentation communication skills with a consistent track record in presenting findings to senior management
We'd love to see:
- Experience overseeing performance management cycles
- Workday experience
- Experience working in a dynamic rapidly changing environment
If this sounds like you apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.