Senior Software Engineer - Contributions & Exchanges Entitlements Infrastructure (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Jun 13, 2018 - Requisition No. 67624
The Engineering Contribution Entitlements Team develops and supports Bloomberg Global Data Contributions and Exchanges Systems. The team provides a high-performance robust entitlement system that controls real-time client access to all Exchanges and 3rd Party contributed data (such as News, Research, Pricing, Derivatives etc.) across the Bloomberg platform and Data products. We develop infrastructures for various Bloomberg applications to query whether a customer has access to content on Bloomberg Terminals, and BPipe, Data License, Server API, or Media on Enterprise products. You will help us build applications that help our clients stay ahead of the markets in a very dynamic environment.
We are in the process of overhauling our access control infrastructure. You will be working on building a new C++ based services access control system running on Linux. The system needs to handle billions of daily hits with 100% accuracy. The system uses state of art Bloomberg proprietary and industry standard cache strategies to serve permission checking requests at microsecond level. The system will also provide monitoring, diagnostic, and developer tools using different technologies like MQ, Splunk, and Bloomberg proprietary telemetry system GUTS, etc...
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of professional experience in C++
- 4+ years of professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
We'd love to see:
- Microservices / Distributed architecture
- Scripting languages (e.g Python)
- Virtualization, Containerization and orchestration tools (e.g Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Continuous integration, testing and deployment tools (e.g Jenkins, GoogleTest, Chef)
- Queuing technologies (e.g RabbitMQ)
- Caching technologies (e.g Redis)