Team Leader - Live Video Desk
New York, NY
Posted Jul 10, 2018 - Requisition No. 68028
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. Through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
You will be responsible for leading a 24/7 global team of video editors who are responsible for editing and publishing video content to all Bloomberg platforms including the Bloomberg Terminal, Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg.com, and other downstream distributions.
We'll trust you to:
- Work directly with the global assignment desk, show producers, and the global newsroom on coordinating edits and distribution of content.
- Be responsible for the scheduling team
- Define and implement workflows
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of editing experience
- 3 years of management experience
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere and be familiar with asset management workflows
- Understand the technical aspects of video
- Be an independent problem solver, multi-tasker, and thrive in a breaking news environment
- Be willing to work off hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.