Experienced Python Developer (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Jul 17, 2018 - Requisition No. 68171
We Protect Bloomberg.
The Bloomberg Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) is responsible for the detection of threats and performs incident response across Bloomberg's diverse lines of business and vast global network.
What’s The Role?
We are seeking an experienced Python developer to enhance a multi-process Python application that analyzes data received from the Internet.
This is an exciting opportunity to build and scale a high volume Internet data processing application. The Application receives data from the Internet and employs a pool of analyzer/workers to parse, decode and detect threats hidden within the data. You are not required to know how to perform the analysis steps or detect threats. We are seeking an experienced python coder who can assist us in enhancing our existing system to a scalable, resilient, distributed application.
You’ll Need To Have:
- Experience with Python 2.7
- Comfortable with the Linux command line environment
- Understanding of NoSQL / Schema-less databases
We’d Love To See:
- Experience developing a large Python based back-end processing application
- Experience developing a distributed worker model leveraging worker status queues
- Experience performing direct queries/updates to MongoDB and/or Elastic Search
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.