Posted Jul 19, 2018 - Requisition No. 68235
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, lead sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data. That’s where we come in.
Here at Bloomberg Connectivity and Integration Services (CIS), we help firms run that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drive lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers’ needs, we believe we are uniquely positions to help clients with this challenge.
What’s the role?
As a Solutions Architect supporting our growing business you will be responsible for technical integration between our clients and Bloomberg's premier applications. Integrations often involve crafting and deploying solutions for clients utilizing XML/FIX messaging between their systems and the Bloomberg cloud.
Typical engagements can include the use of real-time XML and FIX messaging, data transformations; batch based processes, FpML, SWIFT messaging and other protocols as well as MQ, FIX, TCP/IP, FTP and ODBC connectivity between the client and the Bloomberg Cloud. In addition to data connectivity and transformations, our products also allow clients to code up to our API's in order to programmatically in either a server or desktop architecture.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, configure and deploy the integration of trading interfaces between Bloomberg and clients
- Manage your time effectively and to multi-task in a fast paced, performance driven environment
- Be responsible for the successful completion of integration projects
You'll need to have:
- A technology background, with some programming / scripting experience
- Proven ability to independently drive successful engagements with customers
- Capital Markets knowledge with understanding of buy & sell-side order management workflows
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to manage client expectations
We'd love to see:
- Experience in ETL workflows / data transformations using XML / XSLT
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, MQ, ODBC
- FIX, FpML, SWIFT experience
For more information on Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration and our suite of products, visit the site below:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Open Date - 13th September 2018
Close Date - 12th October 2018