You love the pace of the financial markets. You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers.
You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying data that inspires news and analysis.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg runs on data. In Global Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs.
On the Company Financials team, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after reported-on and normalized financials, key analytical ratios, and industry-specific data points. As a Fundamentals or Earnings Estimates Analyst, you will develop your knowledge in financial concepts. You will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the market, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership. You will build relationships with Bloomberg News, Sales, Product and other internal and external clients as you support their needs with industry and financial data expertise.
Here’s where your industry expertise comes into play. Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers or processing complex financial data – your work will help ensure the consistency and quality of company portfolios at an industry level.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update & maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting industries
- Manage significant data analysis responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Interact and assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Participate and manage large and complex data projects related to Equity Fundamental and Earnings Estimates data sets
- Develop subject-matter expertise in fast-moving market sector information
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and strong knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting
- Detail oriented research and analysis skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think critically in improving and developing products
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically tackle problems
- Keen interest in information management, technology and product development
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced changing environment
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred/CFA designation
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Interest in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
If this sounds like you: Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.