Senior Python/C++ Engineer - Enterprise Content / Data License
New York, NY
Posted Jul 27, 2018 - Requisition No. 68440
Bloomberg Enterprise Content data products drive the financial industry. Enterprise Content is used worldwide by thousands of our clients, and is a rapidly growing business that provides rich programmatic access to the best financial data and services in the industry. Our products span a wide variety of asset classes and data products including Pricing, Corporate Actions, Regulatory and Reference data content sets (https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/reference-data/). We build high-performance systems that feed billions of data points per day to our customers that include key financial players.
We are kicking off a key initiative to automate client workflows. Enabling them to self-service new product subscriptions or product feature entitlements are some of the examples. This will enable a faster turnaround for both Bloomberg as well as customers and is an important step in improving client experience. You will work alongside teams that handle client facing interfaces and workflows as well as teams that handle billing operations to understand and document the current workflow.
The re-engineered system would involve building services in Python that operate as micro-services, focusing on continuous integration. As a group, we use Jenkins Pipelines for continuous integration and in some cases continuous delivery. All new software is deployed to openstack based cloud environment and this project will be expected to leverage technologies like Chef, Docker to manage the services. You will be responsible for the design, automated testing, monitoring/metrics and tooling for this project working alongside a group of enthusiastic team members.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand the current system built in C/C++
- Engage in communication across groups and be the point person for the group
- Develop the solution in an agile manner by being a part of a scrum team
- Ensure that the solution is well documented by producing high quality system documentation
- Present the progress of the project to management as well as highlight risks in a timely manner
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of hands on coding experience in Python/C++/Java
- 2+ years of test driven development experience and continuous integration
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience developing cloud based software
- Enthusiasm to learn and adapt to new tools and technologies