Senior Compliance Officer – Indices
Posted Aug 17, 2018 - Requisition No. 68806
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. Bloomberg has regulated activities that include regulated trading venues (e.g., UK Multilateral Trading Facility, US Swap Execution Facility), MIFID II benchmark activities, a US Broker-Dealer, and other regulated offerings globally.
We are looking for an experienced person to join the EMEA Compliance team in London as a Compliance Officer to support Bloomberg’s Indices business which offers benchmarks and strategies indices.
You will report to the Team Leader of the Business Line Compliance team and work alongside the Indices Compliance team providing support to the Indices business which offers benchmark and strategic indices. The role will have a focus on the new European Benchmark Regulations ("BMR") and its impact to the business, and the ideal candidate will have significant regulatory knowledge and experience with regards to Indices benchmarks and products within the financial markets, be familiar with FCA and European rules and requirements, and be able to implement Compliance policies, governance and controls. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, together with the ability to work as part of a team, with a real drive to add value to the firm.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide guidance on and implement controls relating to all FCA rules applicable to BMR requirements
- Implement Compliance governance and controls
- Review, update and draft Compliance policies
- Prepare and implement procedures manuals
- Conduct reviews, testing and verification on a regular basis
- Prepare reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
- Identify potential enhancements in processes and play a role to implement system changes
- Respond to regulatory enquiries and manage regulatory relationships with the Compliance team as appropriate
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and their potential impact
- Work alongside the Team Leader to increase the profile of the Compliance team within the business
- Provide advisory compliance services to the business
- Develop and streamline new and existing Compliance processes
- Act as the second line of defence in a dynamic, forward thinking business
- Keep abreast of jurisdictional changes and challenges throughout Europe, working closely with Legal
- Plan, prepare and conduct continuing education for business stakeholders
- As part of the broader Compliance team, provide Compliance support to the broad range of businesses operated by Bloomberg LP
You'll need to have:
- Familiarity with the financial markets, electronic trading, and FCA and EU regulatory developments, in particular BMR
- Experience responding to regulatory and FCA and enquiries
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A track record of working with and advising senior business people on compliance matters
- The ability to advise on regulatory changes and developments
- Experience in drafting policies, procedures, and manuals, along with preparing reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
- An analytical mind, the ability to solve complex problems and streamline processes
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of indices and financial benchmarks
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organisation
- Bachelor's Degree
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.