2019 August - Market Data Analyst Internship (Japanese Speaker)
Posted Aug 24, 2018 - Requisition No. 68973
This 1-month internship is for students that go to a Japanese university
If you go to a university outside Japan, please apply via this link: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/68972
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and helping to turn them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. If you have a natural eye for detail, an interest in the financial markets, and you thrive in a team environment, you could be just who we're looking for.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for finding it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse and present the data on the iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to enhance our systems and processes, while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
What's in it for you:
As an intern in our Global Data team working alongside our Market Data Analysts, you will:
- Gain hands-on exposure to our systems, processes, clients and the financial markets in general
- Discover how we maintain the standards of accuracy and timeliness for which our data is famous
- Learn how we assist our clients with data-related queries
- Carry-out interesting, hands-on tasks and projects which directly impact our systems and clients
You can expect to be mentored by one of our experienced Analysts throughout your time with us, and we will make sure that you have a full performance evaluation before the end of your internship- just so that you know how we think you've done, and to give you some tangible areas to continue to develop.
You'll need to have:
- Availability to work for the whole 4 weeks: from August 5 to August 30, 2019
- Graduating year 2020
- Progress towards a Bachelor degree (penultimate year only)
- Fluency in both Japanese and English
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Interest in the financial markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg"
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.