Multiskilled TX Operator
Posted Sep 4, 2018 - Requisition No. 70149
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our freelance pool of multi-skilled operators at Bloomberg's brand new hi-tech broadcast facility and European Headquarters in London.
You'll work across multiple departments in the London operations team including Master Control, TX and Studio delivering Bloomberg's live output on a global scale, simultaneously working on remote guest setup, satellite bookings, feeds and live channel transmission.
Bloomberg is looking for an individual who is focused, flexible, and proficient within a 24 hour live news environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Get involved in an innovative technical environment and help drive our use of new technologies
- Be part of a team that works to have the highest quality of final output and global transmission
- Work with reporters and producers on live output and OB setup
- Coordinate and manage inbound and outbound live feeds and transmissions
- Develop channel management skills including understanding and editing logs and manual interventions to live channels
- Ensure content QC of a high level
You need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or experience within a technical TV environment
- Demonstrable ability to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines and pressure in a client-focused environment
- An aptitude for technical understanding and problem solving
- Flexibility over your working hours (role will involve nights, weekends & 12 hour shifts)
- Knowledge of video standards, codecs and conversions
- Knowledge and experience of LiveU, Pebble Beach & BNCS systems would be a bonus, but not essential
'We work hard, and we work fast, while maintaining the quality and accuracy we’re known for. We bring out the best in each other, always inventing and reinventing. You can do amazing work here. Our career development opportunities will give you every resource you need to reach your full potential but it’s up to you to make it happen.'
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status