Application Support Analyst
Posted Dec 13, 2018 - Requisition No. 70552
Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg PolarLake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link https://vimeo.com/191984727 and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
The Application Support Group is responsible for communicating with clients on queries or issues, leading client calls, investigating application issues as well as monitoring, managing and maintaining the Bloomberg PolarLake Data Utility products and services.
This is a strategic role requiring strong communication and technical skills. Bloomberg PolarLake is seeking a deeply motivated individual to join an ever changing and complex support environment. The candidate will need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills and to be very organized with a logical an inquiring mind. Adept at troubleshooting, problem and incident management along with the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally.
What will you be doing?
As a team member, you will contribute towards providing a superior client experience to Bloomberg PolarLake’s global client base.
You'll be doing:
- Manage the client experience - You will handle all levels of support, dealing with the initial analysis of a ticket and progress with the customer through implementation and issue resolution. You will lead calls with clients to review weekly statistics as well as monthly service packs.
- Systems and Application Monitoring – monitoring of systems, micro-services and alerts through existing monitoring systems. Pro-active management of alerts and appropriate escalation where necessary.
- Systems and Application Support - work closely with the Software Development, IT Operations and Data Operations teams to provide essential primary support for all Bloomberg PolarLake Data Management.
- Look for opportunities to create and implement new methods, policies and processes, allowing Bloomberg PolarLake to exceed business goals and service reliability.
What would we like you to have?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology or equivalent experience
- Client focused with the ability to understand, anticipate and effectively respond to client needs
- Experience supporting and knowledge of Java and Python based applications
- Excellent IT analytical/troubleshooting skills to include extensive experience tracing problems through analysing log files, following application/systems logic
- Financial data knowledge experience is a plus but not essential, training will be provided
- Strong communication skills, with a technical emphasis
- Knowledge of JIRA or equivalent issue management system
- The individual will be
- Flexibility – all members of the team participate in early morning and out of hours support schedules
o self-motivated and creative who is not afraid to take the initiative and thrives under pressure
o a detailed orientated, strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
o a team player with effective time management who is willing to learn and grow
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
If this sound like you. We’d love to hear. Please apply by following the link.