Software Engineer - Portfolio Analytics
New York, NY
Posted Sep 10, 2018 - Requisition No. 70582
Portfolio Analytics (PORT) provides critical intraday, historical, and forward-looking risk analytics to our clients so they can make investment decisions. Our highly scalable system processes billions of data points and complex calculations each day. The scale of our product imposes technical challenges around stringent availability, throughput, and responsiveness metrics.
Portfolio Managers use our quantitative computing tools to understand the performance of their historical portfolio, monitor the impact of intraday market movements, and estimate the projected losses under extreme market conditions. Our system is a critical tool for money managers, mutual funds, hedge funds, and pension funds.
To keep pace with the tremendous growth of our product, we're constantly looking for ways to improve using new technologies. Our goal right now is to prepare our system to serve 10x the load it is capable of today. In order to achieve this we are using technologies such as redis, Elasticsearch, Apache Spark, Cassandra, and Hadoop/HBase. If you're interested in high performance distributed systems, a modern software code base and are looking to build new products using latest technology, we want you on our team.
You need to have:
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- 2+ years of experience with object-oriented programming such as C++, C# or Java
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data structures, object oriented design and systems/applications programming
- Strong problem solving skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience with multithreading
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Interest in the financial markets