Digital Video Editor - TicToc
Posted Sep 21, 2018 - Requisition No. 70853
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg is seeking a Digital Video Editor for our new TicToc social media news network. An ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced news environment is a must. The successful candidate will work with producers to create videos for multiple social platforms ranging from breaking news bites, animations/gifs, short text-on-screen news clips, as well as longer features and explainers. Depending on the story, editing may include production of graphics and/or animations that set us apart from our competitors and communicate data simply and with visual appeal. Experience producing video on every platform in a digital editorial environment is strongly preferred.
The right person for this job can identify trending topics and understand the elements that make video successful on social media. Is this story best told through VOD, live video, audio-only, a slideshow, an interactive? This person should have a deep understanding of who Bloomberg’s audience is, and use that data to make informed decisions about video strategy. Finally, the successful candidate has a strong understanding of community driven content and how social media users can engage with and influence video content. This position requires flexible hours to accommodate production schedules, including weekends.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience producing video for multiple social platforms, adding text and graphics when necessary
- Fluency with the Adobe Creative Suite- primarily Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Experience with live streaming tools like Wirecast is a plus. You will be our go-to expert in video technology.
- Ability to work against the tight deadlines that come with breaking news
- Extreme attention to detail and impeccable news judgment
- Strong writing skills and editorial knowledge to write headlines and text for videos
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with team members
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: 9th November 2018
Closing date: 7th December 2018
Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits