New York, NY
Posted Sep 21, 2018 - Requisition No. 70881
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Media Group is searching for a Video Producer who can take on a leadership role, elevating the quality and delivery of premium video and leading production for our branded content team. You’ll work with content creators, editors, designers, project managers and social media teams to produce branded content videos with aggressive timelines, budgets and scopes. You should have experience working in dynamic, client-focused organizations and best-in-class brands. You should be well-versed in all aspects of the video production process and with an eye for creative and cost optimization. You have strong organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills and are comfortable running multiple projects in a high-visibility production environment. The position will be operating out of our New York office and require semi-frequent travel.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead multiple freelance & production companies for 5-10 projects at any given time.
- Be accountable for final delivery through post, balancing creative standards of quality and client constraints
- Develop and standardize processes for sourcing, bidding and on boarding freelance and prodcos, occasionally from own network
- Offer estimates on business development/pitch proposals regarding cost, time and scope
- Initiate and run cross-discipline meetings with partners for ongoing review of content calendar, issue logs, video pipeline and recommend future improvements
- Have a deep understanding of production details, including contract review, payments, insurance, clearances, talent contracts, union relationships.
- Facilitate and track pre- and post-production internally and with clients, including driving key deliverables (pre-pro guides, storyboards, shot lists and call sheets) and critical details (scouting, crew, editing, finishing ,etc.)Participate during production with talent, prodco and crew
You'll need to have:
- Degree from a four-year college (e.g. B.A., B.S.) or commensurate experience
- Minimum 7-10 years of Pre- and Post-production experience in the Agency, Media, Publishing or Commercial space leading multiple freelancers and productions companies
- Experience managing video timelines and delivery management of assets
- Experience producing content at a wide range of budget and complexity levels
- Deep proficiency in live-action and animation; experiential work a plus
- Portfolio showcasing range of work required
- Well-Versed in standard video production hardware, software and terminology. Knowledge of various video formats and still photography
- Knowledge of mobile and social video platforms, devices and basic understanding of technical limitations
- Ideally some experience in Audio recording production for podcasts production
- Knowledge of After Effects, Premier Pro, Final Cut, and project management tools i.e. Workfront, Smartsheet and Google Docs
- Interest in emerging media, leading edge tech, and data-driven storytelling
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.