2019 Summer News Internship
New York, NY
Posted Sep 21, 2018 - Requisition No. 70885
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial news organizations in the world, leading the way in delivering news coverage in all its forms for the people with the most at stake. We report on the issues that matter to financial and business professionals - when they happen, and where they happen. If it affects markets, Bloomberg News will be there first, delivering the world's most accurate information in milliseconds, on virtually every stock, bond and economic indicator. We lead the way in breaking news about events that help our readers to stay a step ahead of the markets.
At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. We need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in. We’re looking for interns who are passionate about telling stories in a variety of forms. From graphics to TV, to written articles on the Bloomberg Terminal, we want you to collaborate across platforms to deliver critical information to our clients.
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands on reporting experience. You may report on markets, companies, economies, and governments. Responsibilities may include pitching and writing enterprise stories, conducting exclusive interviews, and collaborating with our other media platforms. We operate as one newsroom – a cross platform and collaborative environment where print, digital, and broadcast come together to produce the most accurate content for our clients.
We’re looking for:
- Prior experience and/or demonstrated interest in journalism through work experience or extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- A passion for global financial markets, companies and economies
- Availability to work for 10 weeks, 40 hours per week, beginning June 10, 2019
- Minimum two years of undergraduate study completed
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus, but not required
What you’ll need to apply:
- Resume, cover letter, and preferably three samples of journalistic work on any platform
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.