Bloomberg Intelligence: US Regional Banks Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Sep 24, 2018 - Requisition No. 70910
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyze the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
What's the role?
You would be part of this growing team and be responsible for developing and writing research on the US Regional Banks sector and the companies within it. You will be generating insights, constructing data analysis and conducting investment research on a portfolio of US Regional Banks companies for which you will take responsibility. Your analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, financial models as well as issuer calls and announcements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting industries
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and improve content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via our online messaging systems
- Participate in department-wide special projects
You’ll need to have:
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Finance
- Financial market research experience is critical in order to be successful in this role
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills
- A commitment to improving and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically take on problems and set priorities
We’d love to see:
- Proficient industry knowledge the US Regional Banks industry
- CFA designation
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline
- A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Financial Macro Development and knowledge of VBA
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.