Head of Business Development, Bloomberg Digital
New York, NY
Posted Oct 15, 2018 - Requisition No. 71277
The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, magazine, radio, television, and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential leaders.
Bloomberg is looking for an ambitious leader to spearhead the company’s digital business growth through sophisticated partnerships and creative strategic initiatives. You will interface directly with senior leadership and heads of other functional groups including Sales, Editorial, Finance and teams across Bloomberg. You will have consistently driven first-of-their-kind partnerships and revenue opportunities in digital and social media and have done so by working collaboratively across functional teams. You will report directly to the Head of Strategy and Business Development for Bloomberg Digital.
We'll trust you to:
- Build and lead a standout digital business development pipeline
- Negotiate and close business development deals with social platforms, portals, third party networks, technology platforms and other media companies
- Align senior executives and creators across Bloomberg and the industry; bring together teams around common goals and align roles and responsibilities
- Leverage deep experience and relationships with the largest platform players
- Assess new business opportunities (both qualitatively and quantitatively) and develop business plans to support
- Conduct analyses to ensure continued growth and profitability of partnerships and business development initiatives
- Lead the business development team
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years of experience in digital media
- Keen understanding of the digital industry, including companies, people and business models
- Large rolodex of digital and social media contacts at major media companies and platforms
- Proven track record of revenue growth
- Entrepreneurial instincts and the ability to work independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - the ability to work closely with edit, product and sales teams
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think critically and drive new initiatives based on data and analysis
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.