Bloomberg Live: Social Media Coordinator (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 18, 2018 - Requisition No. 71363
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
The Bloomberg Live social account is multipurpose to serve both editorial and marketing content distribution goals. BLive has grown to the point where a dedicated resource is needed to support the portfolio of events. Bloomberg Live leadership long with editorial and marketing social leaders will work with this team member to set BLive social media strategy and execution.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage our Twitter handle @bloomberglive on a daily basis and be heavily involved with our social engagement, including tracking and reporting of metrics
- Evaluate and create a plan for re-initiate Live's Facebook page
- Build and execute social plans for each Marquee event globally that support audience generation, buzz building, and day of content distribution goals. Continue extending buzz worthy news a few days post event, as long as relevant
- Write social copy/content to promote BLive marquee events globally, for use on Bloomberg owned handles, as well as speakers, sponsors and participants accounts
- Recommend hashtags for events
- Report on performance including impressions, reach, RTs, and other engagement metrics
- Live tweet the New York-based marquee events including: creating real-time quote cards, editing and posting relevant video clips and photos, building threads, and retweeting relevant tweets
- Coordinate with local teams in London and Hong Kong on live tweeting for EMEA and APAC based events
- Build and execute social plans for prioritized bespoke events in coordination with BLive, PR team
- Collaborate with Editorial social team and other BLP social account owners to coordinate efforts across accounts
- Curate and promote relevant Bloomberg Media content/thought leadership on @bloomberglive
- Partner on distributing and promoting event content & coverage across accounts/platforms
You’ll need to have:
- Flexibility to work the following times: Non-event weeks: ~20 hours week; 1-2 hours/day to maintain the handle, join calls, manage engagement. The ideal candidate will also need to conduct calls with Asia, potentially weekly or bi-weekly
- Flexibility for the wee week of event (US marquee events only): Likely full time including the live tweeting of the events.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status