New York, NY
Posted Oct 19, 2018 - Requisition No. 71369
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Media Group is searching for a Design Lead who can take on a leadership role, always acting as an inspiration for the team, pushing them to go that extra mile when needed. You’re a strong conceptual thinker with broad experience in digitally-led design and video. Your design aesthetic is impeccable and always on trend. You’re comfortable both directing a cross-disciplinary team to produce breakthrough ideas and work, as well as “getting your hands dirty” as part of a larger team. The ultimate goal will be to collectively elevate our creative practice and serve as a partner to our custom editorial and strategy teams.
Who you are:
- Big ideas are your thing- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging platforms and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering work and content
- “Good enough” bores you— Guide, teach and push members of the design team in developing concepts and be part of the creative process from strategy to concepts to execution
- Wearer of hats, big and small— Autonomously own a large project from kickoff to completion, often balancing multiple projects at once
- A thinker and a maker— Actively engage with Strategy in activities such as customer journeys, persona development/mapping, UX workshops, wire framing, white space identification, briefs, and client relationship development
- Productively critical— Oversee and provide thought leadership in the assessment of existing properties for content value, relevance, aesthetics, branding, and overall experience
- User experienced— Champion principles of user centered design and best UX practices, knowing when to bend the rules
- Always on—Awareness of the latest design trends, always sharing the latest and greatest to keep the team energized and current
- Executable excellence is your goal—Collaborate with cross-functional team on implementation feasibility to ensure conceptual ideas are realizable
- Contagiously enthusiastic and articulate— Build confidence with clients through compelling presentation of experience and content ideas. Independent thinking and effective oral and written presentation skills are required
- No wasted motion— Collaborate, multi-task and work efficiently under the pressure of deadlines
You'll need to have:
- 7-10 years of experience design and strong interactive/video work experience preferred
- Creative or content/publisher/agency/consultancy experience desired
- Experience managing, mentoring and evaluating teams
- Ability to explain abstract, complex or ground breaking ideas in a straightforward way
- Proven skills in presenting, client partnership and visual communication
- Knowledge of the capabilities of modern web and social technologies and desire to stay at the forefront as new technologies emerge
- Experience working with Strategy to synthesize results into actionable design decisions.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status