Software QA Analyst, GD TechOps
Posted May 6, 2019 - Requisition No. 71400
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time data available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Across dozens of data sets and thousands of applications, our analysts are responsible for distilling intelligence and industry-specific insights for our clients - influencing investment decisions and moving markets daily. None of this would be possible without maintaining the highest standard of operational excellence and efficiency, and we are the first line of defense for all system and workflow issues that impact data processing. We are the Global Data TechOps Integration & Support team.
What you’ll work on:
As we continue to grow and evolve our technology suite, you will have a unique opportunity to create, from the ground up, a comprehensive approach to testing both legacy and new tech components. The tests you implement will fundamentally improve our time to market, user experience, data quality, and provide direction for future test driven development.
As a leader, we’ll trust you to work directly with Engineers and Data Analysts to understand workflows and to ideate solutions. You will use the latest open source tools and technologies to develop and evolve a reusable test automation framework for planning, preparing, executing, and reporting. You will wear many hats and have the flexibility to be creative and innovative whilst personally disrupting the status quo. In this role, you will harness project management skills to manage your time and help our team surpass goals. At Bloomberg, you’ll work in an environment with the dynamism and creativity of a start-up, but the resources and influence of a global enterprise.
As a leader and developer, you will:
- Influence the development process and play an active role in building performance testing for various components.
- Create a plan for creating a testing environment, identifying requirements, dependencies and configurations.
- Organize and automate approaches to test databases, stored procedures, and end-to-end workflows.
- Ideate and maintain efficient test cases that cover all functional requirements and force defects to appear.
- Identify opportunities to automate testing for .net applications.
- Develop testing strategies designed to improve software quality and promote best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Investigate, triage, and troubleshoot software defects if any arise after deployment.
- Facilitate communicate during major issues and communicate ongoing status to stakeholders.
- Conduct root cause analysis and create action plans to mitigate future incidents.
What you need to have (give or take a few):
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or relevant data technology field.
- Prior experience in backend testing (Oracle and SQL server), API and stress-testing.
- Prior experience using automation tools (SoapUI and Selenium preferred) to produce test scripts in languages listed above.
- Ability to be resourceful, flexible, and data-driven while solving problems and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
- Motivation to rise to the occasion and independently contribute, and equal passion for teamwork and leading others.
- Willingness to learn, and teach! We are committed to continual technical education, and we have a culture of mentorship.
- The ability to work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Does this sound like you? Does this almost sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.