New York, NY
Posted Nov 14, 2018 - Requisition No. 72027
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, experienced opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a product manager to drive innovation within our product suite and help grow our business. The role offers you the opportunity to dig into our data and find opportunities for growth around the suite. We’re looking for doers, people who roll up their sleeves to sweat the details of user experience and execution.
We'll trust you to:
- Identify and actualize new features and experiences, using data to inform your decisions.
- Prioritize features that will have measurable impact for our customers and on the business.
- Be a great team member, partnering with cross-functional teams across the building to make things happen.
- Have a real passion for user experience, conducting user research and working closely with designers to build amazing experiences.
- Communicate clearly and broadly about product vision, status and impact.
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience working in B2C product, ideally in mobile, video and / or news.
- A strong bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- Excellent people skills and be a shown collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Deep understanding of technology and the latest trends in the digital space
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity
- Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design
- Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and trade-offs
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think you're a match! We'll be in touch right away with next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.