Enterprise Data – Developer Specialist, Hong Kong
Posted Nov 26, 2018 - Requisition No. 72190
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the successful business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What's the Role?
As a Developer Specialist you’ll be client-facing, providing your architectural and programmatic expertise to facilitate client adoption of our Enterprise Data products and services. You will provide programming support to both internal users and external clients of our Enterprise Data products by providing training, architectural solutions, code samples and client code reviews to promote best practices. You will also be providing product enhancement feedback, from a client perspective, to our Enterprise Product and Software Engineering teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide programming support to Enterprise Data clients
- Administer training to clients for coding to our API. The pre-sale, implementation and adoption phases of an engagement.
- Provide technical expertise to internal and external clients
- Support the developer community around Bloomberg's data delivery mechanisms
- Give feedback to the Enterprise Product teams
- Be 2nd level escalated support for Production issues
You'll need to have:
- English speaker, business level Mandarin and advanced level of Cantonese
- 3-5 years development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology or equivalent experience
- Industry experience with software development .NET, Java, C++ and Python
- Experience programming in UNIX and/or Windows
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- The ability to communicate complex information to a wide range of skill levels both in verbal and written form
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience writing readable example code
- Confident to work with clients ranging from developers to CTOs
- Good organisational and team collaboration skills
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of Financial Data especially Real Time Market Data is a big plus
- Knowledge of market data distribution platforms and feed handlers is preferred
- Ability to derive requirements from stakeholders via email, meetings, and conference calls and relay this to internal groups
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.