Bloomberg Intelligence US Pharma Associate
New York, NY
Posted Nov 30, 2018 - Requisition No. 72292
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyze the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of this fast-growing team and responsible for supporting research analysts covering the U.S. Biotech and Pharmaceutical sector. The team and the associate are responsible for generating insights, constructing data analysis and conducting investment research. The analysis will be based on clinical data, Bloomberg's data sets, financial models as well as issuer calls and announcements.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting industries
- Manage significant data analysis responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via our online messaging systems
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Participate in department-wide special projects
You need to have:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, with focus in life sciences (biology, biochemistry, biostatistics, pre-med/medicine)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the Life Science industry (pharmaceutical/biotech company, pharmacy, hospital) or in a management consulting or equity research role with focus on the bio-pharma sector
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- High attentional to detail
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- A commitment to enhancing and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
We'd love to see:
- Proficient knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures of Life Sciences industries
- Masters or higher education in life sciences such as biology, biochemistry, biostatistics, and medicine is desired
- CFA designation or MBA
- A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Financial Macro Development and knowledge of VBA
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.