Deals Reporter - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Posted Dec 3, 2018 - Requisition No. 72341
Bloomberg's Deals team is looking for an ambitious and self-motivated reporter to break news on mergers and acquisitions as well as initial public offerings by U.S. technology companies.
You'll know the biggest players and trends in the tech industry and Silicon Valley and have a contact book with internal and external sources advising some of the biggest companies in the world on strategic decisions. With several years of experience reporting exclusive stories on large corporations including transactions, you'll be comfortable networking with decision makers and advisers as well as working closely with other reporters and editors across teams and geographies.
Your priorities and skills should include accuracy and attention to detail as well as the ability to build sourcing as you seek to beat rivals to scoops. You should be a newshound by nature who thrives in a competitive environment.
The San Francisco-based role offers an opportunity to join a team that broke IBM's $34 billion acquisition of Red Hat, as well as Dell Technologies plans to return to public markets. You'll be expected to hit the ground running as tech deals keep disrupting traditional industries and big tech IPOs dominate the listing pipeline in 2019 and beyond.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver accurate and exclusive stories based on reliable sourcing
- Build up a wide network of contacts to help you break the latest tech M&A and IPO scoops
- Generate intriguing analysis and feature stories
- Collaborate with reporters across the deals team and newsroom
- Use a variety of platforms including the terminal, web, television and magazines
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Reporting experience, preferably covering M&A/IPOs and/or technology
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- A collaborative spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.