Group Account Director
New York, NY
Posted Dec 4, 2018 - Requisition No. 72351
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from TicToc to New Economy Forum to transforming our commercial model.
We have expanded our commercial business beyond media advertising sales to offer a full range of agency services from strategy to creative, content, communications and in-market activations. Now, we are looking for a strong business development and marketing leader to contribute to the ongoing evolution and growth of Bloomberg’s commercial businesses and large client relationships.
Externally, you will be viewed by our clients as an extension of their own team: someone who truly understands our clients’ business and continually adds strategic value. Internally, you will have a strong command of our full suite of services and products in order to make the right recommendations to our clients at the right time.
You will report directly to the Global Head of Marketing & Client Services for Bloomberg Media Group.
We’ll trust you to:
- Identify, evaluate, develop and implement short and long-term opportunities to grow Panorama and generate incremental revenue
- Lead Panorama’s new business efforts, including, but not limited to: pipeline sourcing and management, presentation development, meeting preparation and follow up deliverables
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Strategy, Creative, Client Services, Data Science & Insights, Media Planning, Editorial and Events
- Collaborate with appropriate teams to identify upsell opportunities and develop presentations for prospective and current clients, as well as for senior management
- Capture data and insights to support and develop new business recommendations and various project work
- Stay current on how our media business and the larger marketplace are evolving
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience in a new business/business development, account management or marketing role at an agency, consultancy or digital-first media company
- Experience delivering significant revenue growth year over year
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, negotiation, problem-solving and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with limited guidance
- Strategic thinking coupled with a creative sensibility
- Entrepreneurial instincts and the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally
- Strong personal initiative, good judgment and impeccable ethics
- Strong presentation skills; proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint/Keynote
- Broad understanding of media and marketing trends, as well as their impact on business strategies
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status