Broadcast TV Engineer (1 year contract)
Posted Dec 21, 2018 - Requisition No. 72648
Bloomberg Television is seeking Broadcast TV Engineer to work within a busy support team. You will be trouble shooting faults that will involve desktop users, servers, IP based equipment, and TV production equipment and systems. You are a proactive self starter and able to work independently in high pressure situations and posses strong trouble shooting and project skills.
Who we look for:
You are the type of person with a strong technical background, in IT and preferably TV broadcast, production and post production equipment. You are comfortable with flexible work hours, which includes being able to work early shift starting at 5am as well as being able to work weekend and holidays. You are known to have strong communication skills, being fluent in English. Cantonese/Mandarin would be a plus but not necessary.
You should have:
- 1st & 2nd Desktop support experience, local and remote.
- Good understanding of Window OS. Windows management pertaining to users accounts, users access, shared folder permission, and overhaul good knowledge of Windows administration tools.
- Able to build windows based servers and workstation, locally and over the network.
- Knowledge on PC and server class hardware.
- Network and IT - LAN, WAN, TCP/IP and working understanding of networking principles and technologies.
- Editing, Ingest and playout systems ,Adobe products, Final Cut, streaming and Compression - MPEG2, H.264/MPEG4. Encoding / De-coding techniques, Video codecs.
Knowledge of the below would be a plus:
- Experience with TV broadcast equipment.
- Knowledge or experience with equipment such as SONY camera, Evertz router, Video codecs like CISCO/IPTEC/Teracue codecs, Spider Video processor, RTS Intercom system, AMX controller, Snell&Wilcox IQ modules, Sennheiser wireless MIC/IFB.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think you're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org."