IPO/Private Equity Deal Reporter
New York, NY
Posted Jan 2, 2019 - Requisition No. 72713
Bloomberg’s Deals team is looking for an experienced and ambitious reporter to break news on initial public offerings as well as dealmaking among private equity firms from New York.
The ideal candidate will have a contact book full of the advisers and financial sponsors that bring some of the biggest companies to market and negotiate mergers, acquisitions and take-private deals for buyout firms. With several years of experience reporting exclusive stories focused on business and finance, you’ll be comfortable networking with decision makers and advisers as well as working closely with other reporters and editors across teams and geographies.
Your priorities and skills should include accuracy and attention to detail as well as the ability to build sourcing as you seek to beat rivals to scoops. You should be a newshound by nature who thrives in a competitive environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver accurate and exclusive stories based on reliable sourcing
- Build up a wide network of contacts to help you break the latest IPO and private equity scoops
- Generate intriguing analysis and feature stories
- Collaborate with reporters across the deals team and newsroom
- Use a variety of platforms including the terminal, web, television and magazines
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Reporting experience, preferably covering equity capital markets and/or private equity
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- A collaborative spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.