Senior Backend Engineer- KYC Entity Exchange
New York, NY
Posted Jan 11, 2019 - Requisition No. 72874
As the Know Your Customer (KYC) industry evolves at a rapid pace, we are responding by building an innovative and best-in-class enterprise software solution that enables our clients to gain a competitive edge in their industry. Our software provides our clients’ ways to optimize workflows, satisfy KYC regulatory laws, receive proactive notifications, and ultimately reduce the friction of doing business.
As an engineer on the team, you will be contributing to Bloomberg Entity Exchange, a centralized, secure platform to enable trading counterparties to manage and share client data and documents. The product accelerates the onboarding process between brokers, hedge funds, and corporations while letting each party maintain control of their information.
In our dynamic and collaborative environment, you will design and build application services that are flexible, scalable and easy to maintain. You will also help figure out the right solutions for our clients’ needs. If you are passionate about helping us build these solutions, we want to hear from you.
We'll trust you to:
- Design, architect and develop robust services that solve business problems using current technologies in coordination with frontend developers.
- Work directly with the business to implement features and understand use cases
- Take ownership and drive technical solutions from inception to production release
- Design and develop unit tests that provide 100% coverage of your code
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience programming in Python/Django framework and willingness to learn and work in both of these languages
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and Relational Database Design
- Shown experience building scalable Python web services
- Experience designing RESTful and SOAP API interfaces
- Proficiency with Git
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- A desire and willingness to be challenged and learn new technologies and business domains
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Django Rest Framework
- Experience defining API interfaces and building RESTful services using OAS 3.0
- Experience with Redis and NoSQL technologies(SOLR)
- Experience building asynchronous services and message queues (Rabbit MQ, Celery)
Learn more about our product at: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/entity-exchange-2/