Social & Audience Development Editor (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Jan 11, 2019 - Requisition No. 72900
Bloomberg is looking for a social and audience development editor to join its team based in New York City. In this role you'll manage content across a range of platforms including Facebook and Twitter, as well as lead on experimental platforms like Reddit and Twitch.
Additionally, you will also help us build and maintain partnerships with other news organizations and platforms like Flipboard and LinkedIn.
An interest in business, finance and markets, plus skills in spotting trends online and an interest in building community engagement on social media are all highly desirable.
- Drive performance/reach of Bloomberg content through social media promotion
- Grow new audiences and track performance on Bloomberg content on non-traditional social platforms
- Build relationships with platforms and other news organizations to help drive referrals to our website
- Assist the digital team with tasks such as headline writing, homepage editing, and app curation
Needs to have:
- 2+ years of experience as an editor or social media editor, preferably in a digital editorial environment
- Strong editorial judgment
- Knowledge of analytics tools such as Parse.ly, Crowdtangle, and Socialflow
- Demonstrated track record of driving social and audience development through social networks
* This will be 40 hours / week Monday - Friday
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status