Global Data - Technical Trainer - London
Posted Jan 23, 2019 - Requisition No. 73061
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
We work with purpose at Bloomberg, and we invite you to work with us. The Global Data Training Team is passionate about creating a culture of continuous learning closely tied to business goals. We are responsible for onboarding new hires into the Global Data Training Program and for the continuing education of all employees in Global Data. The skill areas that we focus on teaching continue to evolve as we see dramatic shifts of technology related to Data Analysis, Data Science, and Data Engineering. This position is an opportunity to contribute to initiatives related to the transformation of the skills needed for our Data Analysts.
What’s the role?
The London Technical Trainer is a newly-created position on the Global Data Training team. We are looking for a dynamic and innovative team member that will specialise in the implementation and analysis of our technical training programs. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, training, program implementation and assessment.
As Global Data’s London Technical Trainer, we’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with our Princeton-based technical trainer in order to support the London implementation of various technical training programs such as Data Analysis with Python, Data Analysis with SQL and Foundations of Data Modelling.
- Contribute to curriculum design for new courses teaching Data Analysis, Data Science, and Data Engineering skills.
- Collaborate with existing internal training initiatives to support peer learning and mentorship.
- Build relationships with SMEs across Global Data and departments such as Engineering to assist with curriculum design, new course implementation, documentation and accessing the necessary environments and set up to test and apply new skills.
- Create e-learning modules that will reach our global employee base for Data using Camtasia and/or Articulate Storyline.
- Deliver dynamic classroom training for new hires and existing employees with a focus on technology.
- Contribute to the analysis of program outcomes and track efficacy over time.
- Promote and support external training vendors for technical skills development.
- Identify new resources to leverage for continuous development.
- Contribute to the curation of technical content on the Global Data Home Page and technical learning paths on Bloomberg University.
You’ll need to have:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel for advanced data analysis.
- Proficiency with data modeling and querying and aggregating data with SQL.
- Proficiency with analyzing datasets with Python, Jupyter, and the Python data analysis stack (pandas/numpy/matplotlib/seaborn).
- Proficiency with analyzing data with a mainstream data visualization tool (Qlik Sense, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Collaborative and project management skills to work closely with subject matter experts to develop curricula.
- Proven track record as an engaging and innovative trainer.
We’d love to see:
- Skills in developing video and e-learning modules.
- Experience in conducting training needs analysis and curriculum design.
- Experience with Data Engineering concepts and tools, including but not limited to version control with Git and GitHub, Python code style and standards (PEP8), unit testing, and telemetry.
- Familiarity with statistical and machine learning modeling.
- A real passion for developing others
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.